Terms & Conditions for TEFLPros Online Courses
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions apply to anyone starting a TEFLPros Digital Course. These terms and conditions are a contract between you (the customer/the student) and TEFLPros.
All digital courses are provided by TEFLPros. P.O. Box 18561 Asheville, NC, 28814. Email at [email protected].
TEFLPros may change the content, which includes prices, offers and content at any time. We do not provide a warranty or guarantee of its accuracy, completeness, suitability, timeliness or performance of information or content in the website. If there are errors in the information provided in the content of the website we expressly exclude liability for these inaccuracies to the fullest extent that the law permits. You can use any of the information or content at your own risk for which TEFLPros will not be liable. It will be your responsibility to ensure that any products you purchase are suitable to your current requirements. All materials, which include copy, content, images, layout, graphics, design and appearance belong to TEFLPros. Any breach of these terms may result in a criminal offense being committed. This website contains links to other websites and these links are provided to enable the user a convenient way to access additional information.
Definition of Online Course:
The TEFLPros 120 Hour Digital TEFL Course
1. Course Requirements: By starting the TEFLPros 120 Hour Digital TEFL Course you (the customer/the student) confirm that you meet the following minimum requirements of the course. All of the courses provided by TEFLPros are taught in English. All customers of The TEFLPros 120 Hour Digital TEFL Course, must be at least 18 years old at the time of purchase. All customers must have a competent native level of English and possess a reasonable competence in English language reading, writing and speaking skills. All customers must have the ability to take advice from tutors, graders and from peers and have the capability to make improvements to their result if required. All non-native English Language speaking customers must have fluency with academic English. By purchasing a course with TEFLPros it is assumed that the customer satisfies the above conditions and is deemed to have a competent level of English. The customer, by making a purchase, takes full responsibility in determining whether the course is suitable for their level of English. TEFLPros takes no responsibility if the customer is unable to complete and pass the course. If TEFLPros feels at any point during the course that the customer’s level is below a sufficient level, as per the conditions, TEFLPros’ management will review the customer’s work and if the customer is found to be below a sufficient level, TEFLPros reserves the right to fail the customer. Before purchasing any of the TEFLPros courses you should contact a member of staff to check your level of English language and suitability for the course. TEFLPros does not accept any liability for any losses, costs or expenses incurred by or on behalf of a customer in connection with a customer’s insufficient language ability. It should be noted that purchasing The TEFLPros 120 Hour Digital TEFL Course does not mean that a customer will be guaranteed a passing grade. TEFLPros reserves the right to fail a customer if they do not meet the minimum requirements of the course. The customer will make a full declaration of any information deemed to be relevant by TEFLPros. The customer agrees to follow any of the policies and regulations set down by TEFLPros.
2. How to Make a Purchase: Purchase can be made online on our website at www.teflpros.com. The person making the purchase must be at least 18 years old and by paying for the course accepts the terms and conditions. TEFLPros states that by paying for a course you have read the terms and conditions. You are also responsible for the accuracy of your personal details. TEFLPros will only deal with you in the event of disputes. You must make full payment at the time of purchasing the course. TEFLPros does not accept deposit or partial payments or installment payments. Payments may be subject to a processing fee. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours from the time of purchase. Once you have received this confirmation please go ahead and check it and inform us of any changes to personal details and contact information. Once TEFLPros has received your payment for the course, TEFLPros will email you a login username and password, or an email with instructions on how to set up your own login username and password, within 24 hours to allow you to access the course. 48-hours after the receipt of payment, a contract exists between you and TEFLPros and all terms and conditions apply. At that time, your payment is 100% non-refundable.
3. Price of Courses: All prices that are advertised on our website are correct at the time of purchase. However, TEFLPros reserves the right and discretion to change our prices at any time. Please check our website for up-to-date prices and special offers before you purchase. Once you have paid for a course, you will be sent an email confirmation within 24 hours of payment. If you do not receive an email, then please contact us at [email protected]. TEFLPros reserves the right to change any of its prices at any time.
4. Time Period for the Completion of the Course: All students of the TEFLPros 120 Hour TEFL Course will be given 18 months to complete their course. After the 18-month period has expired, TEFLPros reserves the right to cancel the student’s login details for the course regardless of whether or not the student has completed the course. If a student needs an extension, the student must contact TEFLPros no less than one month prior to their course expiration date. If a student completes their TEFLPros 120 Hour TEFL Course before the 18-month period elapses and they have received their grade (either pass or fail), TEFLPros reserves the right to stop the student’s use of the TEFLPros Course website by canceling their course login details.
5. How to Pass the Course?: Purchasing a course does not automatically guarantee that you will pass the course. If you fail to meet the requirements of passing a course then TEFLPros reserves the right to fail you. To pass the course you must satisfy the following requirements: You will be given unlimited attempts with the automatically graded quizzes during Modules 1-10. In order to pass these quizzes and move from one module to another you must achieve a pass rate of 70%. You can have as many attempts as you like to complete Modules 1-10 within your 18-month course period. The time limit for each attempt is 15 minutes. Once you have completed Modules 1-10 you must then pass the Final Exam. You must achieve a score of at least 70% and you will be given 3 attempts to take the Final Exam. The time limit for each attempt is 30 minutes. The final graded coursework is the Portfolio Submission. This written assignment must be submitted via the TEFLPros course page upon completion of the course. A student’s Portfolio will not be graded until all parts have been submitted and the Final Exam passed. If the feedback from your grader deems your Portfolio to be less than a passing grade, you will be given 3 attempts to pass. Each time you submit your portfolio it will count as 1 attempt. At each attempt, written feedback and suggestions will be given by a qualified grader. After your initial submission, you may then submit a further 2 attempts. Please allow up to 10 working days for the grading of each submission of the Portfolio. If at the end of 3 attempts your work is still not deemed to be at a satisfactory level, you will fail the course. You will be informed in writing of any failure to complete the course within 14 days of the fail. Once you have been awarded a fail then you will not be entitled to a refund and will not be accepted onto any further TEFLPros courses without first having communicated with TEFLPros management. Our qualified graders reserve the right to fail a student if a student is not meeting the standards of the course in terms of learning, English language ability or plagiarism.
6. Plagiarism: If any student is found to have copied another person’s work then they will be issued with 1 formal warning. In subsequent cases the student will be deemed to have taken part in plagiarism and be failed. In the event of plagiarism no refund will be given to the student.
7. Certificates: Every student who passes the TEFLPros 120 Hour Digital TEFL Course will receive both a TEFLPros Certificate and an ACCREDITAT Certificate in hard copy format. TEFLPros will do everything possible to make sure that you receive your certificate within 30 days of passing the course. However, we do not take any responsibility for any postal service problems, which might delay your certificate and we do not take responsibility for a lost certificate due to in-country or international postal problems. TEFLPros will supply you with a new certificate in the event of loss or damage for a fee of $29.99 plus shipping.
8. System Maintenance and Upgrades: At certain times our systems and software programs will be updated. In the event of an update will we endeavor to do this work as quickly as possible. However, if our systems are not working for a period longer than 72 hours then will allow our candidates to extend their course for a like amount of time. Clause 8 is not limited to just System Maintenance and Upgrades. It should be noted that no refund will be given for the unavailability of the website lasting up to 72 Hours. However, if our systems are not working for a period longer than 72 hours then we will allow our customers to extend their course for a like amount of time.
9. Limitation of Liability: TEFLPros does not accept any liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or disruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, which include: war, terrorist activities, riots, natural disasters or nuclear disasters such as fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. By accepting this course of study, You accept that the measure of your damages, should any arise, shall be limited to the cost of the course subscription. You shall not be entitled to recover any other damages of any kind.
10. Complaints: If at any time you are unhappy with the TEFLPros service then please contact us immediately at [email protected]. We will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible, but within no more than 10 business days following the receipt of your complaint.
11. Accuracy of Marketing Materials: TEFLPros makes every effort to ensure that the marketing material in our website is up-to-date and accurate. We take no responsibility for any information that is deemed incorrect and we will endeavor to do our best to inform you of any changes to the course. We reserve the right to change any of the information in our website at any time we feel appropriate.
12. The Law and its Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of and in connection with them or their subject matter (including no contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with North Carolina law and North Carolina shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of it.
13. Third Party Rights: A person that has no connection to the course shall have no rights in the contract.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions: TEFLPros reserves the right to change any of these conditions at any time deemed necessary to reflect current market and economic conditions.
15. Severance: If any party finds any of the terms and conditions in this document to be deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable then these parts will be deleted while the other parts of the terms and conditions will be deemed valid.
16. The Course: The Course and the relevant login details are solely for your use. Another party cannot use these details.
17. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions: By reading these terms and conditions, verbally agreeing on the telephone or making payment on the website you are accepting all terms and conditions of TEFLPros.
18. Contact: All disputes, complaints and changes can be made in writing to [email protected]. Please be aware that we do our best to respond to contact emails as quickly as possible. We have very high customer service expectations and will make our best efforts to reply to your contact email within 2 business days after receipt of your email. We would also like to make you aware that sometimes spam filters do not allow our emails into your system. Please check your junk/spam folders and the settings on your email client. TEFLPros does not take responsibility for you not receiving emails due to filters/junk or spam folders on your email client.
19.1 Under the definition of the Data Protection Act TEFLPros is defined as a Data Controller. This means that we use and store the personal information you give to us, at the time of purchase, to process your order. If you cannot allow us to use your personal information then we will not be able to process your order. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you allow TEFLPros to collect, use and store your data.
We collect the following types of information:
Name and contact information including email address.
Your mailing address.
Your interests and preferences.
Information if you take part in a customer survey.
Information if you complete a customer feedback form.
What do we do with this information?
We use your name, contact information, mailing address, and email address to process orders.
We use the information from surveys and feedback forms to improve our products and offerings.
We use your email address for promotional emails about new products and to inform you of new job opportunities, special promotions, and newsletters related to teaching English abroad.
19.2 Please note that any telephone calls or emails might be recorded for the purposes of training.
19.3 From time to time, personal information such as your email address is used to provide you with requested information about TEFLPros or newsletters about teaching English abroad. At some points we may send out emails mentioning special sales or that give access to free materials. If you would like to opt out of our email communication, you may unsubscribe by clicking the link found in any of the emails you received from TEFLPros. If you would like to have your data permanently deleted from our database, please email us at [email protected].
19.4 In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to request a copy of the personal information, which we hold. Please contact us at [email protected] to make this request and to report if any of the information is deemed incorrect.
19.5 Security: we are committed to keeping your information safe and as such we have the correct electronic and managerial processes in place to protect your information.
19.6 We work with WooCommerce, Stripe, and LearnDash to facilitate our course offerings. These third party services may require use of some personal information. You can learn more details of how this information is used by visiting their websites and reading their privacy policies.
19.7 Cookies Policy:
Effective from May 25th 2018
User Provided Information: When you purchase a product from us, we collect information from you. This includes Personal Information. Personal Information includes data such as: your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
When you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies.
Log File Information: When you use our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Third Party Links: The website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the website, we may use the information to send you updates, information about your course or other purchases, promotions, and job opportunities.
We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial, marketing, or other messages without additional consent. We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to assist us in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the website.
Within your browser you can choose to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use (“third party cookies”), or those from specific websites.
TEFLPros does not share information.
Where applicable, you have the right to obtain from TEFLPros a confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed. In addition, where such processing is confirmed, and you request it, we shall arrange access to the personal data and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed.
These updates will take effect from May 25, 2018 and by using TEFLPros on or after that date, you’ll be agreeing to the above changes.
20. The TEFLPros Commitment: TEFLPros is committed to providing quality TEFL training in a digital format. Our qualified graders will provide feedback on final portfolio submissions. Final grades for the course will be delivered within ten working days after the final submission of the portfolio.
21. Once you accept the following Terms and Conditions you enter into a contract between TEFLPros and yourself. TEFLPros reserves the right to change any of the content, material, prices, offers or time period of the courses at any time. We advise you to read and accept the terms and conditions at the time of purchase.
22. Device Requirements: Our website can be viewed on mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop formats. If you are having any problems viewing our website then please contact us at [email protected].
23. Copyright: All material on this website is owned by TEFLPros. This includes all material, video and audio, graphics, content, design, and appearance. As per the Terms and Conditions no material on this website or related courses can be copied or reused by anyone without the permission of TEFLPros.